As winter winds down and spring blooms anew, Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County shine with fantastic experiences. Plan your trip!
Arts & Entertainment
March 9th is the Washington & Lee University Concert Guild: Imani Winds and Joe Nakamatsu, piano. Imani Winds is a Grammy nominated chamber ensemble and Nakamatsu is the 1997 winner of the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition. Tickets are required.
More W&L Events:
- March 12, 13, and 17: "The Cherry Orchard (Brustein)" by Anton Checkov
- March 19: Winter Choral Concert
- March 21: "Concerto/Aria Winner's Concert"
- March 28: University Jazz Ensemble Concert
At Southern Virginia University in Buena Vista, "Arsenic and Old Lace" is running for two weekends: March 22-23 and 28-29. This classic comedy is suitable for all ages. Tickets are required.
Discover an assortment of sounds in downtown Lexington many nights of the week.
- Sunday: Jazz at Haywood's
- Thursay: Salerno Wood Fired Pizza & Taphouse and The Palms
- Friday: Devils Backbone Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen, Salerno
- Saturday: Brew Ridge Taps, Salerno, and Devils Backbone Outpost
In the county, watch for entertainment at Clark's Ol' Time Music Center every Friday night.
Equestrian Shows & Competitions
The Virginia Horse Center is heating up as the weather warms. Catch all the action this month:
- March 9-10: House Mountain Hunter/Jumper Horse Show
- March 15-17: VQHA Spring Breakout Horse Show
- March 16: Trimble's Ridge Horse Show
- March 21-24: American Paint Horse Association
- March 22-23: EquiSmartz
- March 29-31: Heart of Virginia Alpaca Show
- March 30-31: Old Dominion Pony Club Dressage Rally
Food & Drinks
Craft beer is big in the Shenandoah Valley, and our Great Valley Farm Brewery in Natural Bridge is hosting several events this month you won't want to miss!
- Every Thursday: Growler Fill Specials
- March 17: St. Patrick's Day Party
- March 30: Peach Farmhouse Ale Release
Devils Backbone Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen invites you to fill your growler every Wednesday during Growler Grab Day hours, 1 to 8 p.m.
Wine lovers will love Uncorked Wednesdays - every Wednesday - at Haywood's on Main Street. Come in between 5 and 9 p.m. for a fresh selection of wine and dinner specials, too.
Free Friday wine tastings are also a weekly occurrence in Lexington as Washington Street Purveyor pours their latest offerings starting at 4:30 p.m.
More to Explore
A favorite nostalgic destination reopens for the season March 29. Hull's Drive-In is one of the last remaining drive-in movie theaters in the country. Don't miss your chance to enjoy this retro experience with today's box office hits.
March 31 is opening day for Wade's Mill, the oldest continually operating mill in the Shenandoah Valley. Visit to see milling in action and take home freshly ground cornmeal, flour, or specialty mix.