Boxerwood Nature Center & Woodland Gardens
Boxerwood is a Nature Center and Woodland Garden located just outside Lexington, Virginia dedicated to educating and inspiring people of all ages to become successful stewards of the Earth.
Each garden visitor experiences something new and amazing in every season. There are as many experiences as there are people to experience them. Please come to sit, stroll, explore, enjoy!
Open every day during daylight hours, roughly 8:00 to 5:00. Maps and other information are at the Welcome Kiosk.
The garden is still open dawn to dusk. When you visit, please promote the well-being of all by abiding by the following:
- Respect social distance: enjoy the woods as a family or solo, but avoid congregating as groups
- Keep dogs on leashes and pack out waste
- Leave no trace: take any trash with you since staff ability to do so is limited
- Refrain from smoking or vaping on the property
- The lodge remains closed to visitors and non-staff members.
963 Ross Road, Lexington, VA 24450540-463-2697