Spring is the perfect time to visit Lexington, Buena Vista, and the Rockbridge area as redbuds and dogwoods begin to bloom. Explore our quaint communities and shop our artisans for a tangible reminder of your time.
Signature Spring Events
April 24 - Historic Garden Week: Lexington Tour is exclusively outside this year and will feature four private gardens in our area. Tickets are available online only.
As the COVID-19 pandemic lingers, we're closely monitoring the status of annual events.
More Events of Interest ...
May 19-23 - The 117th Annual Keswick Horse Show will be held at the Virginia Horse Center. In-person spectator plans are in process, but the specialty classes will also be livestreamed.
May 5-Cinco de Mayo
- TAPS at The Georges
- Lime Kiln Party Pack at Southern Inn
- Lime Kiln Season Announcement via streamed radio show on WNRN @ 7pm. http://wnrn.com/limekiln
- "Palmritas" and Tacos at The Palms
Enjoy the day with mom along the Northern Rockbridge Trail, including Fairfield Farmers Market, B&B's, farm stores, antiques, fabric shop, vineyards & brewery, museum, operating grist mill. Some businesses along the trail will also be open on Mother's Day.
May 9-Mother's Day
- Haywood's Mother's Day Brunch will be offered 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For reservations, please call 540-463-2508. (menu)
- Natural Bridge Historic Hotel is offering Mother's Day Brunch from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Colonial Dining Room. Reservations recommended through Yelp or directly at 540-291-2121. (menu)
- Mother's Day Packages from Southern Inn Restaurant. All Meals are Packaged for 4 people. View menu and pre-order by Thursday, May 6th at Noon.
- Moms will receive complimentary admission to Dinosaur Kingdom II with paying guests. Open 10am-6pm.
- Mother's Day Picnic @ Lavender Fields at Tantivy Farm. View menu and pre-order. Farm and gift shop open 1-5pm.
- Live music and food truck at Rockbridge Vineyard & Brewery: Uncorked with Danny Goodson & Friends 1-4pm.
- Mamma Mia! & Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again are playing at Hull's Drive-in Theater.
Please see our calendar for additional events.
If you're visiting to enjoy one of our excellent spring events, you may want to take your time perusing some of our best routes. Have your camera ready, as the views are impressive!
Fresh Air Excursions
Enjoy our outdoors with an all-out hike or a tame trail walk. Want something more? Go ahead and pitch a tent and stay a while, then take a swing at our 18-hole Vista Links golf course in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Warm Weather Attractions Reopen
Halcyon Days Cider Co. (pictured at the top) has already opened for the season; visit Friday through Sunday.
March 1 - Stonewall Jackson House - see the recent renovations and expansion.
March 10 - Caverns at Natural Bridge - the deepest on the East Coast - open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
March 12 - Hull's Drive-In is one of only a handful of authentic drive-ins left in Virginia. See your favorite new flick on our big screen Friday and Saturday nights.
March 13 - Virginia Safari Park, voted a top 10 animal attraction in Family Fun magazine. Admission is through online booking only.
March 20 - Natural Bridge Zoo opening day. Ages 2 and younger are free.
April 1 - Lexington Carriage Company's historic tours by horse-drawn carriage resume operations with their popular downtown tours. Climb aboard across the street from our Visitor Center!
April 3 - Wade's Mill, the Shenandoah Valley's oldest continually operating mill, opens for the season.
April 16 - Lavender Fields at Tantivy Farm opens to welcome you to their gift shop and gardens.
May 1 - Dinosaur Kingdom is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Memorial Day, then open daily throughout summer.
May 6 - VMI Museum is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays through Mondays.