Heliotrope is more than the name of a flower, or a shade of purple. The Greek etymology of the word is “turn to the sun,” which the brewery will do in a figurative sense by using in-season local ingredients, shining a light on the artisan brewing process, and fostering a warm sense of community.
We brew small-batch, artisan ales and lagers, utilizing Virginia and North Carolina malt and our own house culture of locally foraged, native Rockbridge County microflora. We aim to produce beers that are uniquely representative of our Shenandoah Valley home. Similarly, our kitchen staff create artisan pizzas and salads from local, farm-fresh produce.
Our motto is Pax Soles Fermentum, which loosely translates to “Peace, Sunshine, and Fermentation.” This is referenced not just in our name, but in our logo, which combines the astronomical symbols for the sun and the earth.
We at Heliotrope pledge the following:
1. Daily employee health screenings
2. Gloves and masks at all times
3. Disposable plates, cups and cutlery
4. General sanitizing throughout the day with specific sanitizing every time someone leaves a table
5. No one allowed inside without a mask for any reason
128 South Main Street, Lexington, VA 24450540-458-3846