Lime Kiln Theater
Lexington's most coveted tickets are those of Lime Kiln Theater, Virginia's most unique entertainment venue.
The natural outdoor setting of today's Lime Kiln Theater - once an abandoned 19th century lime quarry and kiln - is a family-friendly favorite place for locals and a draw for visitors. The evenings are magical as lights, discreetly tucked amid the foliage, accentuate the life-giving entertainment on stage, be it homegrown bluegrass ensembles, national legends, or a theatre troupe touring the coast.
Top Three Ways to Enjoy an Evening at Lime Kiln
1. Tailgate. Who says tailgating is only for football? Create a locally-sourced spread and have a blast!
2. BYOC. Bring your own chair for an intimate experience away from those in the permanent seats.
3. Snacks & Drinks. Food trucks are on-site, and beer and wine are available for purchase.
Building Your LKT Tailgate ...
- Flight of Peanuts from Brew Ridge Taps
- Chicken salad or pimento cheese from Old Lex Mercantile
- Olive bread from Southern Inn
- Chef salad from Sweet Treats Bakery
- Salerno Supreme wood-fired pizza from Salerno Wood Fired Pizza & Taphouse
- Blue Sky squares from Blue Sky Bakery
- Donuts from Pure Eats
- Growler of Wiffle Ball Umpire IPA from Heliotrope Brewery
- Your choice or worldly wines from Washington Street Purveyors
- Day Pack from Devils Backbone Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen
- Bottle of Chambourcin Rose or growler of Lemongrass Basil Saison from Great Valley Farm Brewery & Winery
- Bottle of Lexington & Concord or growler of Hazy IPA from Rockbridge Vineyard & Brewery
If Not Tailgating ...
Choose a downtown Lexington restaurant to enjoy before the show. Small plates and cocktails are a treat at TAPS, Juniper Lounge, and Tonic Restaurant while farm-fresh entrees will fill you for the evening at places like Bistro on Main, Haywood's, Red Hen, and Southern Inn. Try a Lexington favorite - the wafflewich - at Brew Ridge Taps, and choose from hundreds of bottles of beer on the wall as well.
Explore downtown Lexington with a narrated carriage tour by Lexington Carriage Company. It's a great way to see our architecture and hear a bit of our history at a leisurely pace. If you prefer to walk, stop by the Visitor Center at 106 E. Washington Street to pick up a walking tour map. Specifically, inquire about the Righteous & Rascals of Rockbridge Trail.
Perhaps you've driven all day and simply want a breath of fresh air. If so, head to the Chessie Trail just off Old Buena Vista Road along the Maury River. Take a stroll along the old rail bed to enjoy the sights and sounds of our other residents. Boxerwood Gardens & Nature Center is another excellent place to clear your head and walk a lovely nature trail.
Twenty minutes south of downtown Lexington is the iconic Natural Bridge, the centerpiece of Natural Bridge State Park. Allow a couple of hours to enjoy Cedar Creek Trail and the views of the bridge.
A late dinner is not out of the question in downtown Lexington, and there's a good chance you'll find more live entertainment at Brew Ridge Taps, The Palms, or Salerno's Wood Fired Pizza & Tap House.
For more ideas and ways to play, see our related content below.
Get Your Tickets Early
Tickets from Lime Kiln's shows don't typically hang around. In fact, nearly every show of the four seasons prior to the pandemic were sold out. At-the-door is not much of a thing with this venue. BUY THEM NOW
2021 Season Schedule
June 19th, 2021: The Lone Bellow; Opener: Vivian Leva & Riley Calcagn
July 2nd, 2021: Seldom Scene
July 17th, 2021: Darrell Scott’s Electrifying Trio
August 8th, 2021: Watkins Family Hour; Opener: Jesse Harper
August 13th, 2021; Steep Canyon Rangers
August 27th, 2021: Town Mountain and Sierra Ferrell
September 9th, 2021: Madison Cunningham and Hawktail
September 25th, 2021: Sam Bush Band; Opener: Will Lee and Danny Knicely
October 2nd, 2021: The Milk Carton Kids
Places to Stay
You don't need to travel far after the show for a comfortable night of rest. In downtown you can choose from The Gin Hotel, The Georges, Tonic Inn, Hampton Inn Col Alto, and a variety of bed and breakfasts. Trusted national hotel brands are less than 10 minutes away as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your inquiring mind is itching with a question about Lim Kiln specifically, please see Lime Kiln's FAQs for help.