Lime Kiln Theater
Lexington's most coveted tickets are those of Lime Kiln Theater, Virginia's most unique entertainment venue.
The natural outdoor setting of today's Lime Kiln Theater - once an abandoned 19th century lime quarry and kiln - is a family-friendly favorite place for locals and a draw for visitors. The evenings are magical as lights, discreetly tucked amid the foliage, accentuate the life-giving entertainment on stage, be it homegrown bluegrass ensembles, national legends, or a theatre troupe touring the coast.
Top Three Ways to Enjoy an Evening at Lime Kiln
1. Tailgate. Who says tailgating is only for football? Create a locally-sourced spread and have a blast!
2. BYOC. Bring your own chair for an intimate experience away from those in the permanent seats.
3. Snacks & Drinks. Food trucks are on-site, and beer and wine are available for purchase.
Building Your LKT Tailgate ...
- Flight of Peanuts from Brew Ridge Taps
- Chicken salad or pimento cheese from Old Lex Mercantile
- Olive bread from Southern Inn
- Chef salad from Sweet Treats Bakery
- Salerno Supreme wood-fired pizza from Salerno Wood Fired Pizza & Taphouse
- Blue Sky squares from Blue Sky Bakery
- Donuts from Pure Eats
- Growler of Wiffle Ball Umpire IPA from Heliotrope Brewery
- Your choice or worldly wines from Washington Street Purveyors
- Day Pack from Devils Backbone Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen
- Bottle of Chambourcin Rose or growler of Lemongrass Basil Saison from Great Valley Farm Brewery & Winery
- Bottle of Lexington & Concord or growler of Hazy IPA from Rockbridge Vineyard & Brewery
If Not Tailgating ...
Choose a downtown Lexington restaurant to enjoy before the show. Small plates and cocktails are a treat at TAPS, Juniper Lounge, and Tonic Restaurant while farm-fresh entrees will fill you for the evening at places like Bistro on Main, Haywood's, Red Hen, and Southern Inn. Try a Lexington favorite - the wafflewich - at Brew Ridge Taps, and choose from hundreds of bottles of beer on the wall as well.
Explore downtown Lexington with a narrated carriage tour by Lexington Carriage Company. It's a great way to see our architecture and hear a bit of our history at a leisurely pace. If you prefer to walk, stop by the Visitor Center at 106 E. Washington Street to pick up a walking tour map. Specifically, inquire about the Righteous & Rascals of Rockbridge Trail.
Perhaps you've driven all day and simply want a breath of fresh air. If so, head to the Chessie Trail just off Old Buena Vista Road along the Maury River. Take a stroll along the old rail bed to enjoy the sights and sounds of our other residents. Boxerwood Gardens & Nature Center is another excellent place to clear your head and walk a lovely nature trail.
Twenty minutes south of downtown Lexington is the iconic Natural Bridge, the centerpiece of Natural Bridge State Park. Allow a couple of hours to enjoy Cedar Creek Trail and the views of the bridge.
A late dinner is not out of the question in downtown Lexington, and there's a good chance you'll find more live entertainment at Brew Ridge Taps, The Palms, or Salerno's Wood Fired Pizza & Tap House.
For more ideas and ways to play, see our related content below.
Get Your Tickets Early
Tickets from Lime Kiln's shows don't typically hang around. At-the-door is not much of a thing with this venue. BUY THEM NOW
2022 Season Schedule
Saturday, May 20, 2023: 49 Winchester Opener: Matt Koziol
Friday, June 2, 2023: Rebirth Brass Band Opener: Hoppie Vaughan
Friday, June 16, 2023: Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder Opener: Jack Schneider
Friday, June 30, 2023: Sam Bush
Saturday, July 8, 2023: Garrison Keillor featuring Robin and Linda Williams
Friday, July 21, 2023: Seldom Scene
Saturday, July 29, 2023: Romeo & Juliet
Saturday, August 12, 2023: Julian Lage Opener: Danny Knicely and Aimee Curl
Saturday, August 26, 2023: Dan Tyminski Opener: Zach Top
Saturday, September 2, 2023: Scott Miller
Friday, September 15, 2023: Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives
Friday, October 6, 2023: Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors
Places to Stay
You don't need to travel far after the show for a comfortable night of rest. In downtown you can choose from The Gin Hotel, The Georges, Tonic Inn, Hampton Inn Col Alto, and a variety of bed and breakfasts. Trusted national hotel brands are less than 10 minutes away as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your inquiring mind is itching with a question about Lime Kiln specifically, please see Lime Kiln's FAQs for help.