Celebrate the Holidays
Lexington has been named among the best Holiday Main Streets in Virginia, and we can't help but agree. Our lamp posts don wreaths with big red bows and our shopkeepers create beautiful displays in their front windows. And that's just the outside!
Celebrate the season in Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County at one of our upcoming holiday events.
For those on Santa's "Nice List," stop by the Lexington Visitor Center and pick up Downtown Lexington Gift Certificates in denominations of $5, $10, $25 and $50.
Many Lexington merchants will have extended holiday hours, just look for the yellow flags adorning storefronts. This is the perfect time to take advantage of the Love Lex Lotto. Visit participating merchants to collect stamps for a chance to win a Downtown Lexington Shopping Spree.
Fuel up at local eateries before hitting the shops, then reward yourself with a craft beer or creative cocktail after you've crossed everyone off your list. Need a little stretch to work out the kinks of carrying all those bags? Center of Gravity yoga studio yoga studio has many evening classes and welcomes drop-ins.
Special Events & Activities
From tree lightings and parades to jingle bell runs and breakfasts with Santa in between, Lexington and Rockbridge County bring the magic of the season to the streets.
- November 28 - January 1: Festival of Trees at Natural Bridge State Park
- November 29: Lexington Candlelight Processional and Tree Lighting Ceremony
- December 3: Washington and Lee University Holiday Pops Concert
- December 5: "A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols"
- December 6: Lexington Christmas Parade
- December 7: Poinsettias at the Chapel
- December 8: Jingle Bell Run in Downtown Lexington
- December 13-15: "The Nutcracker" presented by Shenandoah Ballet