Canadian Travel Info
Welcome to our little corner of Virginia!
We sure would love to have you join us face-to-face in Lexington, Buena Vista and Rockbridge County. Here are a few things to know about us before you come:
- We’re (really) proud of our area...It’s like our little bit of heaven, so we mean it when we say we’d love to have you visit!
- You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time a few hundred years with horse drawn carriage rides and cobblestone sidewalks.
- We’re quite friendly around these parts, so don’t hesitate to introduce yourself while you’re visiting.
- The must-dos? See the views, experience downtown, savor new flavors, and explore the area’s history.
Location & Distance
|Distance to Lexington
|898 km/558 mi
|972 km/604 mi
|St. Catherines, ON
|790 km/491 mi
|Roanoke Regional Airport
|80 km/50 mi
|Richmond International Airport
|235 km/146 mi
|Popular Snowbird Destinations:
|St. Petersburg, FL
|1,350 km/839 mi
|Cocoa Beach, FL
|1,265 km/786 mi
RV and Motorcoach Services & Travel Centers
Lexington and surrounding area welcomes RV travelers, whether snowbirds headed down south or a family striking out on an adventurous summer vacation. We have a variety of services, attractions and locations that are RV-friendly.
White’s Travel Plaza - East Coast’s Largest Travel Center | Open 24/7 | I-81 EXIT 205 | 540-377-2969
- Petro Lube Service and Parts
- Tire Sales and Repairs
- Truck and Trailer Repair
- Chrome Shop
- Road Squad Roadside Repairs
- Blue Beacon Truck Wash
- 7 dining options
- On-site Medical Clinic and Pharmacy
- Walking Trails, Dog Wash and Destination Station Shops
Lee Hi Travel Plaza, Travel Centers of America #202 | I-81 / I-64 Exit 195 | 540-463-3478
- RV Park/Campground
- RV/Motorcoach Waste Station, Bath House
- Ihop Restaurant
- Lee Hi Towing & Recovery
- Truck and Parts Shop (open late)
- Road Squad Roadside Repairs
RV Parks and Campgrounds
- Glen Maury Park
- Natural Bridge KOA
- Virginia Horse Center
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
- More Camping Options
RV Parking (Downtown Lexington)
Dedicated RV and motorcoach parking at the visitor center and alongside the parking deck on Varner Lane.
The scenic drives are kind of a big deal around here. Home to America’s favorite scenic drive, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Shenandoah Valley displays beautiful views no matter the time of year. But summer, with blooming fragrant rhododendrons, and fall, with hills ablaze, offer particularly magical drives.
Rockbridge County has an adventure to match any desired level of activity. From leisurely golfing at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains to challenging miles of biking through the hills and valleys, our little corner of Virginia has everything you need for a day full of adventure.
- Overview of Outdoor Activities
- Upper James River Water Trail
- Golf in the Shenandoah Valley
- See All Outdoor Activities
Must See Attractions
Explore a 215-foot tall limestone bridge, experience a driving safari right here in Virginia, or discover more of the inspiring and controversial history on which Lexington was built. Which one is the best? Well, it’s nigh impossible to say! We suppose you’ll have to do all of them.
- Natural Bridge State Park
- Hulls Drive-In Theatre
- Virginia Safari Park
- Historical Tours
Food & Spirits
We’d certainly be remiss if we were not to mention the complex flavors you’ll find when visiting Lexington and Buena Vista. With copious attention placed on local, fresh sourcing, you’re sure to find new flavor profiles and exciting dishes that bring a whole new meaning to farm-to-table. | Local Cafes & Eateries.
In true southern fashion, we save the best for last. Our robust selection of “spirited” drinks will be the perfect end to the perfect day. Award-winning breweries, wineries with vineyards for strolling and a cidery with an apple-orchard maze will top off that last bit of your travels with just the right thing. | Wine, Beer & Cider