Kind Stranger Wine Tasting
September 16, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Each package will come with 3 full bottles of wine and a beautifully created appetizer platter to pair with them.
86% Evergreen Vineyard Chardonnay, 14% Lawrence Vineyard Roussanne
Fermented with indigenous yeasts in neutral barrels then aged sur lie for 15 months.
High elevation sites littered with caliche and broken basalt contribute freshness and minerality to the wine. Crisp Evergreen Chardonnay does the heavy lifting, providing structure and citrus notes, Roussanne accents with exotic fruit and complexity.
40% Grenache, 35% Mourvedre, 25% Cinsault
“A clean mouthful of fruit with a crisp bright finish,” the words of Kris Chau, a magical artist, tattoo poker and conjurer of this label sum it up pretty well. This dry, crisp, direct-to-press intentional rosé from Ravenscliff and Northridge Vineyards in Wahluke Slope was the first in the Kind Stranger series. The wine is pale Provençal style dry rosé with its perfect crispness and 12.2% alcohol.
2018 Cabernet Sauvignon
85% Aquilini Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Weinbau Vineyard Malbec
Washington Cabernet vines grown in basalt derived gravel on the shoulders of Red Mountain give excellent depth, intense fruit and ample structure from this awesome site. Weinbau’s 30-year-old Malbec vines pile on the concentration and spice notes. This stunner was fermented whole berry with indigenous yeasts, then macerated an average of 28 days between the lots. Basket pressed to barrel for 20 months, 15% new french oak mostly 500L. Label artwork by Kris Chau, based on a work titled "Healing Hands."
1. Smoked Salmon Salad served on Belgian Endive Petal
2. Teriyaki Chicken Skewers w/ Peanut Dipping Sauce
3. Pickled Okra Bruschetta
4. Cranberry BBQ Glazed Duck Confit On White Cheddar Grit Cake
5. Selection Of Cured Meats and Cheeses
6. Country Pate w/ Mustard Caviar
7. Assortment of Seasonal Pickled vegetables
8. Prosecco Grapes, Candied Nuts and Spreads
- Southern Inn will order the wines for you and provide a selection of hors d'oeuvres to pair with the wines
- You will pick them up on the day of the tasting and we will be provide you with a link to join our Zoom meeting.
- You will hear our representative speak about the wines all while in the safety and comfort of your own home.
- The cost will be $80 per package
ORDERING & PICK UP
- Call the restaurant at 540-463-3612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th if you want to participate so that we can place the wine orders.
- Come by Southern Inn on September 16th between 3pm - 5:30pm to pick up your order.
- Check your email for a secure Zoom meeting link. Log in to join the tasting at 6:30. You may want to login a few minutes early in case of any technical difficulty.
Food, Beer, Wine