Annual Customer Service Training
March 29, 2017
9:30 AM- 3:00 PM
Virginia Horse Center
487 Maury River Road
106 E. Washington St.
Lexington, VA 24450
FREE customer service training for any Lexington, Buena Vista or Rockbridge County business or individual.
Session: 9:30AM – 11:30AM
Session: 1PM – 3PM
Both sessions cover the same materials. Receive a Complimentary Attractions Pass for attending an entire training session!
Bobbie Walker of Walker Consulting, LLC will present "THE WORK WE MUST DO: A Lesson in Self-Awareness and Personal Interactions."
Great customer service is vital to all of us in the hospitality industry. The very word ‘hospitality’ implies that we are first and foremost chief customer service officers. But, before any of us can deliver on the promise of providing the ultimate customer experience, we first have to understand ourselves, question our own motives and be honest about our intent and our abilities.
In this 2-hour seminar, we will explore our personal journey to authenticity.First hour topics include:
- Naming Your Truth: Self-awareness is you knowing who you really are, regardless of what others think of you, or your place in the world. Your actions are based on your truth, not on what others want you to be. This is your authentic self.
- Pursuing the Experience: Pursuit of the experience is all about living every day to the fullest. Making every moment count for something so that at the end of your life you can look back and say with honesty and pride – I made the most of all the moments of my life. Pursue the experience and happiness will follow.
- Facing Your Fear: You can’t outrun fear. It’s always lurking somewhere close by, trying to stop you from achieving your goals, making you feel helpless. Learn to stand up to fear. Making choices with decisiveness reminds you that you’re the one in charge of your life. It is extremely empowering. Never relinquish that role to anyone else.
- Choosing a Positive Attitude: Keeping a positive outlook allows you to stay open to possibilities that you would otherwise never have thought of. Put your attention on this positive flow of energy and you will start to see the manifestation of your true desires.
- Learning to Listen
- Communicating Clearly and with Positive Language
- Practicing Patience
- Knowing Your Product
- Expressing Gratitude
Bobbie Walker has conducted seminars on customer service, management, leadership and team building for more than 15 years.
As Director of Education for Virginia Tourism Corporation she engaged thousands of people each year with the goal of improving employee and supervisor performance. Bobbie retired from state government in 2015 and now continues her work as a private consultant.