Buena Vista Visitor Center
Located conveniently to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalachian Trail and the City of Buena Vista. Knowledgeable staff are happy to provide maps and brochures of the area with a particular focus on outdoor recreational activities. Restrooms, gift shop, picnic tables and a grassy area for pets also available. Open to visitors Friday-Sunday, 11am – 3pm.
Closed when the Blue Ridge Parkway is closed.
- Following Forward Virginia, CDC and VDH guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Daily staff health screenings and self-monitoring procedures
- Staff wear face masks while assisting visitors and where 6 ft physical distancing can’t be observed
- Staff encouraged to regularly wash hands and use hand sanitizer often
- Large plexiglass barrier between information desk and guests
- Hand sanitizer station
- Separate entrance and exit doors
- Limited indoor capacity of 7 guests at a time
- Temporary closure of visitor centers during business hours to disinfect restrooms and high traffic touch points
- Guests are required to wear a face mask and to social distance
595 E. 29th Street, Buena Vista, VA 24416540-261-8004