The Rockbridge Regional Tourism Board approved a sponsorship initiative allocating funds to support local events.
SPONSORSHIP REQUEST GUIDELINES & DEADLINES
- Tourism sponsorship funds will be allocated exclusively to opportunities occurring within Rockbridge County, Buena Vista and Lexington.
- Event organizers may request a sponsorship utilizing one of the two rounds of requests per year—for events occurring January-June and for events occurring July-December.
- The Tourism Board will review requests and award funds based on the strength of the request and how the event aligns with tourism's mission and marketing efforts to attract out-of-town visitors.
- Events receiving a sponsorship must submit to Tourism a invoice in the amount of the award.
ROUND 4: Events occurring January 1-June 30, 2023
Application Opens: Thursday, September 1, 2022
Application Close: Sunday, October 2, 2202
Award Announcements: First week of November 2022
Sponsorship Invoices Submitted to Tourism: Monday, November 14, 2022
Award Distribution: First week of December 2022
CRITERIA FOR AWARDS
- Tourism sponsorship funding requests must complement the Rockbridge Regional Tourism Board’s mission and marketing goals to attract visitors from out-of-town.
- The event must be in partnership with Rockbridge Regional Tourism and provide a final report. Failure to do so will negate future applications.
- Additionally, the final report will be evaluated on overall marketing results—performance must be satisfactory in order to qualify for future applications.
Applicants should be prepared to complete the application in a single session. Please see the application questions for reference.
Applicants will see a confirmation screen and will receive an email confirming receipt of the application submission. Look for an email with the Subject Line "Jot Form Submission Confirmed" in your Inbox or check your Junk/Spam folder.