The Rockbridge Regional Tourism Board approved a sponsorship initiative allocating funds to support local events.
SPONSORSHIP REQUEST GUIDELINES & DEADLINES
- Tourism sponsorship funds will be allocated exclusively to opportunities occurring within Rockbridge County, Buena Vista and Lexington.
- Businesses/Organizations applying for funding must be in compliance with the jurisdiction in which it operates, and possess the proper licenses, permits, and insurance to host events.
- Event organizers may request a sponsorship utilizing one of the two rounds of requests per year—for events occurring January-June and for events occurring July-December.
- The Tourism Board will review requests and award funds based on the strength of the request and how the event aligns with tourism's mission and marketing efforts to attract out-of-town visitors.
- Events receiving a sponsorship must submit to Tourism a invoice in the amount of the award, in addition to a W9.
ROUND 4: Events occurring January 1-June 30, 2023 (APPLICATIONS CLOSED)
ROUND 5: Events occurring July 1-December 31, 2023
Available Round 5 Funds: $15,500
Application Opens: Saturday, April 1, 2023
Application Closes: Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Award Announcements: Last week of May 2023
Sponsorship Invoices + W9 Submitted to Tourism: Friday, June 2, 2023
Award Distribution: By June 30, 2023
CRITERIA FOR AWARDS
- Tourism sponsorship funding requests must complement the Rockbridge Regional Tourism Board’s mission and marketing goals to attract visitors from out-of-town.
- The event must be in partnership with Rockbridge Regional Tourism and provide a final report. Failure to do so will negate future applications.
- Additionally, the final report will be evaluated on overall marketing results—performance must be satisfactory in order to qualify for future applications.
Applicants should be prepared to complete the application in a single session. Please see the application questions for reference.
Applicants will see a confirmation screen and will receive an email confirming receipt of the application submission. Look for an email with the Subject Line "Jot Form Submission Confirmed" in your Inbox or check your Junk/Spam folder.