The Rockbridge Regional Tourism Board approved a sponsorship initiative allocating funds to support local events.
SPONSORSHIP REQUEST GUIDELINES & DEADLINES
- Tourism sponsorship funds will be allocated exclusively to opportunities occurring within Rockbridge County, Buena Vista and Lexington.
- Funds will be divided equally for opportunities occurring in those jurisdictions. Each round of requests is allocated $9,000. Therefore, each jurisdiction has $3,000 to award—to a single event OR to multiple events.
- Event organizers may request sponsorships through two rounds of requests.
- The Tourism Board will review requests and award funds based on the strength of the request and how the event aligns with tourism's mission and marketing efforts for the entire region.
- Events receiving a sponsorship must submit to Tourism a invoice in the amount of the award.
ROUND 1 ($9,000): Events occurring July 1-December 31, 2021
Applications Deadline: May 3, 2021
Award Announcements: by May 21, 2021
Sponsorship Invoices Submitted to Tourism: by June 4, 2021
Award Distribution: by June 11, 2021
ROUND 2 ($9,000): Events occurring January 1-June 30, 2022
Applications Deadline: TBD
Award Announcements: TBD
Sponsorship Invoices Submitted to Tourism: TBD
Award Distribution: TBD
CRITERIA FOR AWARDS
- Tourism sponsorship funding requests must complement the Rockbridge Regional Tourism Board’s mission and marketing goals.
- The event must be in partnership with Rockbridge Regional Tourism. Failure to do so will negate future applications.
If the below Application form does not load, click here. Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of the application submission.