Thank you for your interest in the Lexington and Rockbridge area. Our goal is to assist travel journalists and facilitate any necessary visit to encompass the points of interests, attractions and accommodations that will be covered in their articles, books and broadcasts.
As you can imagine, we receive numerous requests from travel writers each year. In order to accommodate your editorial needs, we need your help in complying with the following guidelines:
Read the guidelines below and then fill out the form below to request a Press Trip.
- We request a minimum of two business weeks notice for a press visit once we have received all of your credentials. This allows us time to pursue suitable, available lodging and make other arrangements to enhance your visit.
- Complete the Press Trip request form below.
- Forward a letter of assignment on letterhead from the media outlet you are representing.
- Freelance writers; please forward documentation of recent examples of travel or travel-related feature coverage.
- Email items to the Director of Marketing at email@example.com
- Notify Lexington and Rockbridge Area Tourism of any change in plans immediately.
- Forward an original copy of your published feature or video upon completion.
Please note that complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability. Black-out periods may be experienced throughout the year that may necessitate a press rate, especially at hotels. Unfortunately, we cannot provide airfare for your trip, nor can we pay for ground transportation or meals.
Please understand that our primary goal is assisting working press. Therefore, host locations are usually unable to accommodate spouses, children and visitors accompanying working press.
Again, thank you for your interest in Lexington and the Rockbridge area. We look forward to assisting you in your research.
Individual trips for travel journalists can be arranged by the Lexington and Rockbridge Area Tourism and are handled on an individual basis. Travel journalists interested in visiting the area on their own should complete this form in its entirety and Press SUBMIT.