Celebrate the Holidays
Lexington has been named among the best Holiday Main Streets in Virginia, and we can't help but agree. Our lamp posts don wreaths with big red bows and our shopkeepers create beautiful displays in their front windows. And that's just the outside!
Celebrate the season in Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County at one of our upcoming events.
For those on Santa's "Nice List," stop by the Lexington Visitor Center and pick up Downtown Lexington Gift Certificates in denominations of $5, $10, $25 and $50.
Many Lexington merchants will have extended holiday hours, just look for the yellow flags adorning storefronts. This is the perfect time to take advantage of the Love Lexington Lotto. Visit participating merchants to collect stamps for a chance to win a Downtown Lexington Shopping Spree.
Fuel up at local eateries before hitting the shops, then reward yourself with a craft beer or creative cocktail after you've crossed everyone off your list. Need a little stretch to work out the kinks of carrying all those bags? Center of Gravity yoga studio has many evening classes and welcomes drop-ins.
From tree lightings and parades to jingle bell runs and breakfasts with Santa in between, Lexington and Rockbridge County bring the magic of the season to the streets.
- November 23: Lexington Candlelight Processional and Tree Lighting Ceremony
- November 23 - January 1: Festival of Trees at Natural Bridge State Park
- November 30 and December 1: 'Tis the Season Artisan Market
- December 3-4: Washington and Lee University Holiday Pops Concert
- December 4: Christmas at the Jackson's
- December 4: Buena Vista Christmas Tree Lighting
- December 5: Holiday Cooking & Cocktails Class
- December 6: "A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols"
- December 6: Buena Vista Christmas Parade
- December 7: Lexington Christmas Parade
- December 7-8, 14-15: "Scrooge! The Musical" at Southern Virginia University
- December 8: Jingle Bell Run in Downtown Lexington
- December 8-9: Christmas in the Country Tour of Homes in Historic Brownsburg
- December 14-15: Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides at Natural Bridge State Park
- December 14-15: Luminary Nights at Natural Bridge State Park
- December 15: Festival of Gingerbread
- December 31: First Night Lexington: New Year's Eve at Robert E. Lee Hotel
Shop a bit longer with these retailers who are open later!
- Rockbridge Music: open until 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays
- Celtic Tides: open late Fridays and Saturdays
- Ladles & Linens: open until 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Black Friday and Shop Small Saturday open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Olde Lex Mercantile: open Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. through December.
- Walkabout Outfitter: open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Black Friday and Shop Small Saturday. Extended hours Saturdays and Sundays through Christmas, and open until 7 p.m. Thursdays in December.