Wade's Mill Annual Apple Butter Festival
October 16, 2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
55 Kennedy-Wades Mill Loop
Raphine, VA 24472
25th Annual Apple Butter Festival, 10am - 4pm on Saturday, October 16, 2021.
We'll be making apple butter the old-fashioned way, slow simmered in a 130+ year old copper pot over an open fire. Take a turn stirring with the long-handled wooden paddle and take home a fresh jar.
Explore Wade’s Mill’s three floors of historic milling equipment and museum displays to learn about the history and tradition of grist milling in the Shenandoah Valley. Our 100% natural, stone-ground flours, grits, cornmeals and mixes will be available in the Mill Shop.
Enjoy demonstrations and handmade crafts by local artisans including blacksmithing, broom making, alpaca wool products, pottery, stained glass, lavender products, rocks and gems, jewelry, wood turning and more.
- Music by The New Corner Grocery and Bluegrass Band
- Fresh Wade’s Mill bread baked in our outdoor oven
- Demonstrations by local artisans and crafts people
- Demonstrations from the Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit
- Rocks Money Pit award winning BBQ
- The Raphine Volunteer Fire Company’s famous BBQ chicken
- Authentic chuck wagon fruit cobblers cooked in a Dutch oven over an open fire
- Wine from Rockbridge Vineyard
- Cider from Halycon Days Cider Company
- Local food products including apples, chestnuts, fresh bread and natural pet treats
Free admission and parking.
Interstate 81/64 Exit 205. 4 miles west on Raphine Road/Route 606.
Looking to extend your fall outing on TWO WHEELS? Bring your road bike and check out the following rides:
Fields of Gold Farm Trail Loop: Visit Wade's Mill, Mountain View Farm Cheese and Rockbridge Vineyard while enjoying the countryside.
Appalachian Loop: A five mile loop starting and ending at Rockbridge Vineyard with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Family Friendly, Festival, Food, Beer, Wine, History