Wade's Mill Annual Apple Butter Festival
October 16, 2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
55 Kennedy-Wades Mill Loop
Raphine, VA 24472
25th Annual Apple Butter Festival, 10am - 4pm on Saturday, October 16, 2021.
We'll be making apple butter the old-fashioned way, slow simmered in a 130+ year old copper pot over an open fire. Take a turn stirring with the long-handled wooden paddle and take home a fresh jar.
Explore Wade’s Mill’s three floors of historic milling equipment and museum displays to learn about the history and tradition of grist milling in the Shenandoah Valley. Our 100% natural, stone-ground flours, grits, cornmeals and mixes will be available in the Mill Shop.
Enjoy demonstrations and handmade crafts by local artisans including blacksmithing, broom making, alpaca wool products, pottery, stained glass, lavender products, rocks and gems, jewelry, wood turning and more.
- Music by The Gypsy Hill Ramblers (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.) and Tanglewood (2 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Fresh Wade’s Mill bread baked in our outdoor oven
- Demonstrations by local artisans and crafts people
- Demonstrations from the Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit
- Rocks Money Pit award winning BBQ
- Lex Vegas Bistro
- The Raphine Volunteer Fire Company’s famous BBQ chicken
- Wine from Jump Mountain Vineyard
- Cider from Halycon Days Cider Company
- Local food products including apples, cheese, baked goods, fresh bread, and natural pet treats
Free admission and parking.
Interstate 81/64 Exit 205. 4 miles west on Raphine Road/Route 606.
EXTEND your fall outing on TWO or FOUR WHEELS!
Bring your road bike and check out the following rides:
Fields of Gold Farm Trail Loop: Visit Wade's Mill, Mountain View Farm Cheese and Rockbridge Vineyard while enjoying the countryside.
Appalachian Loop: A five mile loop starting and ending at Rockbridge Vineyard with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Be sure to check out the participants of the North Rockbridge Trail! Many of the businesses will be in attendance at the festival and you can plan to see them December 4 during the North Rockbridge Holiday Open House Trail. See the map to plan in advance!
Fall Fun at the Brownsburg Museum. From 11 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. on October 16 there will be hayrides in Brownsburg with Classic Carriages and you can buy a pumpkin out of the back of Old Blue, a 1960 Ford pickup!
Family Friendly, Festival, Food, Beer, Wine, History