Last Updated April 1, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
COVID-19 (Coronovirus) Pandemic
All university and community events are subject to change or cancellation. We encourage you to contact the event organizer directly to confirm the status.
As actions to protect public health evolve, please contact restaurants and businesses directly for up-to-date operating procedures and hours.
The following Attractions and Accommodations have been closed:
Businesses small and large are making incredible sacrifices for the greater good. We encourage Virginians and visitors alike to find creative ways to show your support by shopping local when appropriate, or buying gift certificates now for later use.
The following are temporary closed, with re-opening dates undetermined.
- Hull's Drive-In Opening Weekend
- McCormick Farm Mill and Museum
- National George C. Marshall Museum
- R/C State Theatre
- Robert E. Lee Hotel
- Rocca Ristorante & Bar
- Rockbridge Regional Libraries
- Stonewall Jackson House
- Sugar Tree Inn (closed through April 30)
- Sweet Things
- VMI Museums
- Washington and Lee University campus is closed to visitors, including Lee Chapel & Museum, Reeves Center and Watson Gallery
For an overview of Lexington, Buena Vista and Rockbridge County restaurants and their current COVID-19 operating procedures, please see below.
For an overview of how specific downtown Lexington businesses are offering services during this time, see Staying Safe and Supporting Local.
The following Events have been postponed or canceled:
- St. Paddy's Day with Jason Hostetter and Keith Bryant at Lexington Golf & Country Club (March 14)
- Virginia Horse Center events (closed through April 23)
- Natural Bridge State Park events (Visitor Center and restrooms closed through April 30)
- Leprechaun Leap (postponed to September 26)
- Bull & Oyster Fest (postponed to October 2020)
- Easter Egg Hunt at Rockbridge Vineyard (canceled)
- First Friday Downtown Lexington (canceled until further notice)
- Kids Fishing Day at Natural Bridge State Park (postponed to May 2)
To protect the health of our communities, staff, and visitors, Lexington & Rockbridge Area Tourism Visitor Centers will be closed until further notice. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations.
With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the public is to heed the Commonwealth’s Order 55 to “Stay home except for limited circumstances, such as traveling to or from work, seeking medical attention, obtaining goods and services, including food, or engaging in outdoor activity." This order is effective March 30-June 10, 2020.
- The Governor has ordered social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, banned gatherings of 10 or more people and advised restaurants to offer curbside pick-up or delivery, if they're able.
- The U.S. Department of State has restricted all international travel as of March 19:
- Public health screenings are in place in 13 domestic airports for many inbound international flights, including Washington Dulles (IAD), Philadelphia (PHL), and Atlanta (ATL).