Last Updated November 13, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
Thank you for researching the impacts of COVID-19 on Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County.
It’s not just a promise. It’s a PACT.
After months at home, many of us are ready for new experiences. At the same time, we need to be aware of the potential risk for our families while providing real and memorable experiences.
PACT is our community’s commitment to keeping your family safe during 2020. PACT-Protecting All Citizens and Travelers – is a series of protocols and best practices adopted by hospitality businesses, thereby committing to provide you with a consistent, dependable, and sustained level of safety and service.
Please learn which area businesses have taken the PACT Pledge,
Governor Northam announces new statewide measures which will take effect at midnight on Sunday, November 15, 2020:
- Social distancing of at least six feet from any other person
- Masks are required for all persons aged five and over in indoor public spaces and in outdoor settings where a distance of six feet can not be adhered to
- On-site sale, consumption, and possession of alcohol is prohibited after 10:00 p.m. in any restaurant, dining establishment, food court, brewery, microbrewery, distillery, winery, or tasting room
- Restaurants are fully open, though many continue to operate in differing capacities, with all parties separated by at least six feet
- Banned gatherings of more than 25 people, indoors or outdoors
- Entertainment and recreation venues may open at 50% capacity and with no more than 1,000 people
- Strengthened enforcement within essential retail businesses, with violations being enforced through the Virginia Department of Health as a Class One misdemeanor
- LEARN MORE: Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Virginia
Travel Advisories and Health Notices:
- Public health screenings are in place in 13 domestic airports for many inbound international flights, including Washington Dulles (IAD), Philadelphia (PHL), and Atlanta (ATL).
Beginning July 3, 2020:
- Lexington Visitor Center is open to the public daily 11am-3pm. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations.
- Buena Vista Visitor Center is open to the public Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.
- Natural Bridge State Park Information Desk is staffed Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.