Last Updated August 5, 2020 at 12:05 p.m.
Thank you for researching the impacts of COVID-19 on Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County.
It’s not just a promise. It’s a PACT.
After months at home, many of us are ready for new experiences. At the same time, we need to be aware of the potential risk for our families while providing real and memorable experiences.
PACT is our community’s commitment to keeping your family safe during 2020. PACT-Protecting All Citizens and Travelers – is a series of protocols and best practices adopted by hospitality businesses, thereby committing to provide you with a consistent, dependable, and sustained level of safety and service.
Please learn which area businesses have taken the PACT Pledge,
With the situation ever evolving, we encourage the public to heed the Commonwealth's Executive Order 65 and Public Health Emergency Six and Virginia Forward Phase 3, a blueprint to reopening Virginia's businesses. The Executive Order shall go into effect July 1, 2020 12:00 a.m. and remain in full force and effect until amended or rescinded by further executive order.
During Phase 3, the following applies:
- Social distancing of at least six feet from any other person
- Banned gatherings of more than 250 people
- Restaurants are fully open, though many continue to operate in differing capacities
- Entertainment and recreation venues may open at 50% capacity and with no more than 1,000 people
- Masks are still required inside public buildings and in outdoor settings where a distance of six feet can not be adhered to
- LEARN MORE: Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Virginia
The U.S. Department of State has restricted all international travel as of March 19:
- Public health screenings are in place in 13 domestic airports for many inbound international flights, including Washington Dulles (IAD), Philadelphia (PHL), and Atlanta (ATL).
Beginning July 3, 2020:
- Lexington Visitor Center is open to the public daily 11am-3pm. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations.
- Buena Vista Visitor Center is open to the public Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.
- Natural Bridge State Park Information Desk is staffed Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.