Last Updated June 29, 2020 at 1:55 p.m.
Thank you for researching the impacts of COVID-19 on Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County.
With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the public to heed the Commonwealth's Executive Order 65 and Public Health Emergency Six and the Virginia Forward Phase 3, a blueprint to reopening Virginia's businesses. The Executive Order shall go into effect July 1, 2020 12:00 a.m. and remain in full force and effect until amended or rescinded by further executive order.
During Phase 3, the following applies:
- Social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, banned gatherings of more than 250 people, and restaurants are now fully open. Entertainment and recreation venues may open at 50% capacity and no more than 1,000 people. Masks are still required inside public buildings and in outdoor settings where a distance of six feet can not be adhered to.
- The U.S. Department of State has restricted all international travel as of March 19:
- Public health screenings are in place in 13 domestic airports for many inbound international flights, including Washington Dulles (IAD), Philadelphia (PHL), and Atlanta (ATL).
Beginning July 3, 2020:
- Lexington Visitor Center is open to the public daily 11am-3pm. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations.
- Buena Vista Visitor Center is open to the public Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.
- Natural Bridge State Park Information Desk is staffed Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.