Last Updated March 5, 2021.
Thank you for researching the impacts of COVID-19 on Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County.
It’s not just a promise. It’s a PACT.
After months at home, many of us are ready for new experiences. At the same time, we need to be aware of the potential risk for our families while providing real and memorable experiences.
PACT is our community’s commitment to keeping your family safe during 2020 and into 2021. PACT-Protecting All Citizens and Travelers – is a series of protocols and best practices adopted by hospitality businesses, thereby committing to provide you with a consistent, dependable, and sustained level of safety and service.
Please learn which area businesses have taken the PACT Pledge.
Governor Northam announces updated statewide measures which will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on March 1, 2021 and shall remain in full force and effect until amended or rescinded by further executive order.
- Universal mask requirement: All individuals aged five and over must cover their mouth and nose with a mask as described and recommended by the CDC when:
- In an indoor setting shared by others, including public transportation settings and excluding personal residences.
- In an outdoor setting and unable to maintain at least six feet of physical distance from other individuals who are not family
- Social gatherings: All public and private in-person gatherings of more than 10 individuals indoors and 25 individuals outdoors are prohibited. A Social gathering include, but are not limited to, parties, celebrations, or other social events, regardless of whether they occur indoors or outdoors. This does not apply to religious services, employment settings, or educational settings.
- Alcohol sales in dining establishments: No alcoholic beverage shall be sold, consumed, or possessed on premises between the
hours of 12:00 midnight and 5:00 a.m. in any restaurant, dining establishment, food court, brewery, microbrewery, distillery, winery, or tasting room. All restaurants, dining establishments, food courts, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, and tasting rooms must reman closed between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 5:00 a.m.
- LEARN MORE: Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Virginia
The U.S. Department of State has restricted all international travel as of March 19:
- The U.S. Department of State
- Centers for Disease Control Travel Notices
- Virginia Department of Health Winter Holiday COVID-19 Guidance
- Public health screenings are in place in 13 domestic airports for many inbound international flights, including Washington Dulles (IAD), Philadelphia (PHL), and Atlanta (ATL).
Beginning July 3, 2020:
- Lexington Visitor Center is open to the public daily 11am-3pm. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations.
- Buena Vista Visitor Center is open to the public Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.
- Natural Bridge State Park Information Desk is staffed Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.