Last Updated May 26, 2021.
Thank you for researching the impacts of COVID-19 on Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County.
It’s not just a promise. It’s a PACT.
After more than a year at home, many of us are ready for new experiences. At the same time, we need to be aware of the potential risk for our families while providing real and memorable experiences.
PACT is our community’s commitment to keeping your family safe through 2020 and into 2021. PACT-Protecting All Citizens and Travelers – is a series of protocols and best practices adopted by hospitality businesses, thereby committing to provide you with a consistent, dependable, and sustained level of safety and service.
Please learn which area businesses have taken the PACT Pledge.
Governor Northam announces updated statewide measures which will take effect at 12:00 midnight on May 28, 2021 and shall remain in full force and effect until amended or rescinded by further executive order.
- Mask requirement: Per CDC guidance, vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear a mask in most situations. Businesses are still at liberty to require masks for entry. Non-vaccinated individuals aged five and over must cover their mouth and nose with a mask as described and recommended by the CDC when:
- In an indoor setting shared by others, including public transportation settings and excluding personal residences.
- In an outdoor setting and unable to maintain at least six feet of physical distance from other individuals who are not family members.
- Social gatherings: All limits have been lifted in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Entertainment & Sports Venues: All limits have been lifted in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- LEARN MORE: Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Virginia
Beginning July 3, 2020:
- Lexington Visitor Center is open to the public daily 11am-3pm. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations.
- Buena Vista Visitor Center is open to the public Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.
- Natural Bridge State Park Information Desk is staffed Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm.