PACT :: Hospitality Partners
The PACT – Protecting All Citizens and Travelers
Dear Hospitality Partners,
First, please allow the staff of Rockbridge Regional Tourism to extend our sincere hopes that you and yours are taking all appropriate measures to remain safe and healthy in the midst of the current COVID-19 pandemic. Our primary concern is the safety and well-being of our community, and our thoughts are with you as we all navigate these uncertain times together.
On June 5, 2020, Governor Northam has approved moving into Phase 2 of the Forward Virginia plan. Businesses planning to reopen during Phase 2 must adhere to certain requirements set forth by the Governor’s Office.
To assist hospitality businesses as they prepare to reopen, the Tourism office has curated a collection of reopening guidelines developed by professional and reputable hospitality industry organizations, in addition to supporting documentation from the CDC, FDA and OSHA*.
- Reopening guidelines include those from the National Restaurant Association, American Hotel & Lodging Association, Airbnb, American Alliance of Museums, National Retail Federation, International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions and American Barber Association.
- This collection is available via Dropbox and Google Drive.
STATE OF TOURISM
The tourism industry has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Tourism is one of the most resilient sectors and will be vital in the recovery of our economy. Based on ongoing research and findings, travel professionals project domestic travel will rebound first, starting with local and regional in-state travel. Recovery will be slow and most likely take several months or longer.
Consumer safety expectations and their perceptions of fear will dictate when people feel confident to travel again.
The PACT – Protecting All Citizens and Travelers
Rockbridge Regional Tourism is introducing a marketing initiative to help instill confidence in prospective travelers. In partnership with regional and jurisdictional organizations, we encourage hospitality businesses to participate in the PACT – Protecting All Citizens and Travelers.
- The overarching concept is to develop a destination “hospitality pledge” ensuring our visitors will experience a consistent, dependable and sustained level of safety and service.
- The PACT will be developed into a marketing tool for Rockbridge Regional Tourism as a way to differentiate our destination as we re-enter the market and compete for visitor dollars. A paid Facebook campaign will drive regional audiences to the consumer webpage. Hospitality partners are encouraged to also utilize the PACT in their individual marketing efforts.
- There will be a dedicated consumer webpage describing the PACT and featuring participating businesses.
- Promotional items including PACT branded social distancing floor decals and window clings will be created and distributed to participating businesses.
- Materials will create a highly visible and compelling in-market message visitors will see as they visit businesses throughout our communities.
Participation in the PACT is totally free and voluntary for hospitality businesses.
The process is easy!
Download the PACT “toolkit” containing participation details, PACT graphics and instructions. Use the toolkit to complete Steps 2-3.
Add the PACT graphics and language to your website and Facebook.
Complete the PACT Form to confirm your intent to participate and to be eligible to receive FREE PACT branded promotional materials.
Checklist: You'll need to provide the following information.
- URLs from your website and/or FB showing your participation in the PACT*
- URL from your website showing your reciprocal link to LexingtonVirginia.com
- Upload a copy of your business license or short term rental registration
- Indicate what steps you are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19*
* Indicates information that will be included in your business listing on the PACT consumer page.
Utilize your social distancing floor decals and window cling!
Rockbridge Regional Tourism intends to launch the initiative once the Commonwealth’s “safer-at-home” Executive Order expires or by that start of FY21 (July 1, 2020). Our intent is to run the initiative through the end of 2020 and most likely into 2021.
Together, our business community can work towards a recovering economy while ensuring the safety of our citizens and travelers!
* DISCLAIMER: Please be advised that some or all of the information contained in this collection may not apply to some businesses or places of work and may not include all information necessary for certain businesses and places of employment. We strongly recommend that before implementing any of the practices and procedures contained herein, you carefully evaluate all materials and consult with your legal counsel, and other trusted advisors regarding the legality, applicability, and potential efficacy of this information in your place of business and to determine what if any other recommendations or requirements may apply to your business or industry. Rockbridge Regional Tourism bears no responsibility for any circumstances arising out of or related to the adoption, or decision not to adopt any practices or procedures.